Sunday, February 23, 2014

It's Begun!






My little seeds are planted, watered, and on their way to being beautiful big plants. It may still snow, and there's still snow on the ground, but the weather is turning towards spring and it's exciting to feel that in the air. 


In the future, something more sturdy than lights hung from a cord across a bathtub would be cool. But for now it will get the job done.

Today I started: Calabrese broccoli, rainbow Swiss chard, Siberian kale, Bloomsdale long-standing spinach, Early Jersey Wakefield cabbage, borage, hollyhocks, Bowle's black pansy, butter and black-seeded Simpson lettuces, Yellow Wonder wild strawberries, and some kind of basil I grew last year.

When I finish more eggs, I'll also start marigolds and Osaka purple mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment