Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 in a Hot Minute

2013 was a great year. But, there are a few things I did wrong, and two of the biggest are:

1. I started too late. I didn't have things planted until the end of April. I've read that plowing should be done around Candlemas (February 2) so that the ground is ready by the middle of March. In my neck of the woods, cool weather crops can go in at St. Patrick's Day, and I intend to stick to that schedule this year.

This time around, since I have replaced my bum roto-tiller tire, I have no excuse.



and 2. I didn't keep good records of anything. I didn't record when I planted what, how often I fertilized, how often I watered, any of that. And I'm looking back now at the timestamps on my pictures to get an idea of when things were done. And so this will help keep me in line.

So for now, a bit of what I did grow last year.









See you guys soon!

2 comments: